While you’ve probably spent a great deal of time focussing on your core business, you can no longer afford to ignore the importance of the online medium when it comes to overall expansion. This guide seeks to equip you with tactics to boost your business website’s search engine optimisation to enhance reach, productivity and profitability.
Make Sure You Publish Relevant Content
Relevant and high-quality content are key drivers that boost your search engine rankings, so pay close attention to what you’re putting up on your website. High-quality content can assist your search engine optimisation efforts in the following ways:
- Increases number of visitors to your website for improved site traffic.
- Enhances your website’s authority in comparison to similar websites/businesses.
- Boosts your website profile among Internet searchers to build your bottom line.
Keyword research is a key part of publishing relevant content because your site needs to be optimised for what people are searching for. But in your quest to optimise for specific keywords, don’t sacrifice organic writing because Google’s bots will eventually detect your strategy and penalise you. Ensure your content is written as naturally as possible with clever use of keywords for the ultimate benefit of users. If you are struggle with writing quality content, you might consider using a search engine optimisation company for content marketing.
Create Easy Navigation Tool Bars For User Friendliness
With the reducing amount of free time in today’s ever busy world, users want to browse with the minimal possible hassle, and will quickly turn away from websites that are difficult to navigate through. To ensure that users remain on your website for an optimal amount of time, you must crease easy navigation tool bars for user friendliness. This may include:
- Highlighting key call to action statements.
- Building clear links to different parts and pages of your website.
- Reducing the amount of time images take to upload.
- Avoiding using animated links like Flash.
These easy navigation tool bars not only make it easier for users, but also for Google bots who eventually reward your site for its user friendliness and promote you in the search rankings.
Acquire Links From Relevant, Trustworthy Sources
Inbound links to your website help to boost search engine optimisation because they serve as votes to reinforce your website’s authority. In fact, you probably won’t be able to get your website to rank well in their absence. Here are some considerations for acquiring links from relevant, trustworthy sources:
- Buying links is no longer an option because Google’s bots and spiders have found ways to cut through the clutter and identify these black-hat SEO practices.
- The most ideal way to acquire links is to earn them organically through relevant and high-quality content.
- Quality links is far more important than the quantity of inbound links you acquire.
- Links should be from other reputable websites that are relevant to the content on your website.
It’s important to understand that links may not necessarily be acquired overnight, so you must have the patience to follow through on these for the best possible results.
Pay Close Attention To Your Website’s Metadata
When designing a website for your business, every page needs some metadata, which contains information about your page contents. Use them to your advantage:
- Metadata for web page titles: Title metadata refers to titles displayed on the browser window and is important for users to scroll through your web pages. Make sure you title this appropriately based on the specific contents of your web page.
- Description metadata: This is the information that browsers like Google use when people search for content relevant to your website. An appealing description of website contents will get more users to click through to your pages and will boost your SEO efforts over time.
- Metadata for keywords: Keyword metadata refers to specific search phrases people use when they want to find content relevant to your website. You’ll want to do enough research to include these phrases in your content to ensure maximum relevance.
Track Your Website’s Progress
While SEO efforts are important, you must also keep track of your progress. Plenty of options are available for you to use, but Google Analytics is perhaps the most ideal and versatile tool that enables you to understand more about how your website is progressing. Web analytics can help you in the following ways:
- Tells you how users are interacting with your website.
- Tells you how much traffic is being generated through search engines.
- Tells you which pages are clicked on most frequently.
- Tells you whether your call to action is producing the desired results or not.
Armed with this extra information, you’ll be in a better position to decide how your website is performing.
Use these tactics in your quest to boost your website’s search engine optimisation efforts.